1. Design Meeting & Site Visit
Following an initial call to discuss your project we will meet with you at your property or premises and talk you through the lighting design process:
- ask detailed questions about your plans and how you would like to use the space
- discuss any preferences you have and your interior design scheme
- confirm your lighting requirements for each space and identify specific considerations
- agree your budget and what is, and isn’t, included in the project and produce a statement of understanding (the Design Brief) that shows what the Lighting Design will cover and a cost estimate for the design phase.
2. Lighting Design
Once you have accepted the Design Brief, we can commence the design work for your project. This may include creative and integrated solutions over and above what is commercially available, including bespoke options and typically includes the following activities:
- conduct research to identify potential solutions, manufacturers and indicative costs
- share information with you about different lighting types and systems, with images, to illustrate those options using on-line idea boards, so we can share ideas and fit around your schedule
- assess the relative benefits and limitations for different options
- contact potential suppliers for custom solutions (if required) and lead times
- up to three site visits for assessments, detailed measurements and lighting design walkthrough to explain the different options and details of any customised items.
- handover of a lighting design document, that will include a room-by-room estimate of costs, as well as considerations for installation and operation.
3. Ordering, Supply & Installation
You may choose to implement the lighting design yourself or take advantage of our services to expedite turning the design into reality. We can be involved in any or all of the following activities:
- select suppliers, confirm product prices, delivery schedule and place orders
- assemble / custom build and test lumières
- prepare a lighting plan and guidance for wiring and controls to client’s electrician
- consolidate multiple orders and deliver products to your address
- set up programming for controls and any automation
- project manage the installation and co-ordinate with your contractors’ schedules