Feature and statement lighting in converted barn
Client brief...to design and specify modern lighting that remains sympathetic to the house, whilst incorporating LED and new technology solutions. The client's main objectives for this project are: (1) Solutions to accentuate the architectural features, where the light source is hidden or subtle. (2) Some ‘wow’ features and statement options for key areas – including the kitchen, lounge and dining room. (3) Increased flexibility in each space to adjust the light level and ambience of the spaces. (4) Provide high quality, directional and adjustable reading light in several rooms.
What the client said
Ohmigod, the lighting is amazing. Last night we had all the ambient lighting on and it has really transformed our home. Thank you so much. I love the lights and it all works amazingly well. It’s so fantastic when going to bed to just touch one button and it all turns off. All I can say is wow. I really appreciate the fact that you are so reliable and just get on and do what you say you’ll do. You are a star.
Mr and Mrs R-H, Fordingbridge
- Concealed LED lighting produces a warm, glowing effect that makes a feature of the stunning brickwork
- The white temperature is controlled through an app or remote control to create very different effects
- By modifying the power feed to this stunning statement light it can hang in the optimal place in a 7m floor-to-apex space
- Vertical mounting of this lighting washes the roof space with light without the lights themselves being visible
- Alcove lighting for the wood burning stove
- Specialised track lighting with wide beam and anti-glare lamps optimally positioned for reading
- Custom LED lighted fitted into the base of this sculpture lights it up from below
- Industrial-modern chandelier is a brilliant counterpoint to the historic setting and a real talking point
- Full spectrum colour LEDs adds interest to a functional wall concealing a staircase